The File selector component allows the user to select file(s) from a user’s file system. Either natively using an file input or drag and drop.
About File Selector
When implementing this component, pay special attention to the following:
aria-labelledbyis placed on the HTML
inputto form an "Accessible Label" from 2 seperate visible text labels, by referencing their
Overview of CSS Classes
- The CSS class being referred to.
- A description of what the class does.
- Whether the class name is dev-ready (meaning it's fully vetted and tested and safe to use) or prototype (which means it's not fully vetted yet).
- The selector that the class name is allowed to be used on.
- The base level pattern for a component. A variant can be extended to create another variant of that component, for example, a stateful button is a derivative of the base button.
- A single class that can be added to an HTML element of a component to modify its output. Typically these will be colors, sizing and positioning.